In July 2012, the IPU Berlin opened its International Office with responsibility for its international university relations and affairs. It is tasked with planning, compiling and co-ordinating all non-German activities at the IPU Berlin in consultation with the professors on the International Commission and the university management. It is the central contact point for IPU Berlin students planning a stay abroad, as well as for students and visiting scientists from abroad intending to stay at the IPU Berlin for studies or scientific research.
The range of services the office provides is being expanded progressively and includes the following:
We provide advice to
- students at the IPU Berlin, who would like to go abroad for a period of study or an internship.
- scientific and academic staff at the IPU Berlin on research and teaching options abroad.
- students, scientists and academics from the foreign partner universities on stays at the IPU Berlin for study, internship or research purposes.
We service and provide guidance to
- foreign guests at the IPU Berlin in the context of ERASMUS+ stays there for research and teaching purposes.
- scientists and academics at the IPU Berlin and its partner universities in establishing international research projects and arranging resources to fund research.
- the IPU Berlin with German and foreign knowledge-transfer institutions (e.g. German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Executive Agency of the European Commission in Brussels (EACEA), German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), German Research Foundation (DFG))
- international university partnerships.
- international study options.
We coordinate and accompany
- the international mobility network "Trauma, Trust and Memory – Social Trauma and Reconciliation in Psychoanalysis, Psychotherapy and Cultural Memory" (financed by Stability Pact resources from the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- in the organisation of summer schools, international symposia and seminars.